Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Marine Painted

When i started playing 40k in Overseas, we didn't have any models of anything. But we did have an abundance of water bottle caps and the cardboard cases they came in. So that's what we used Bottle Caps and Cardboard. But enough of the back story, now that I'm back in the States I have access to all the models I bought overseas.

So with out further delay I bring you the First Marine I have painted.













 


So the way I did this guy was to first prime Skull White.
Then I did a basecoat of Adeptus Battlegrey.
A heavy Wash of Badab Black.
A drybrush of Codex Grey
Then a highlight of Fortress Grey.

















For the Gold trim and Aquila i started with Chaos Black.
Then a layer of Shining Gold.
Followed by a wash of Devlan Mud.
Then a Final highlight of Burnished Gold.

















The shoulder pad I started with Skull White prime.
Followed by Regal Blue.
Then a Wash of Badab Black.
and a layer of Ultramarines Blue.

















So everyone let me know what you all think about this paint scheme.

1 comment:

DimmyK said...

Really nice paint scheme, it has a very original look to it as it' mainly grey but also has over colours uniting the models