Monday, August 16, 2010

I have been Challenged as well.

Like the title says "I have been Challenged" by my buddy Scott over at Legions-of-Nekheny. I found it quite funny he called me his "BFF" (what are we 13 year old girls lol). Its okay he is the guy who got in to 40K with me overseas and who I battle with at least once a month. But next month, September 12th, things are going down and getting bloody. We have set up a 750 point game at the FLGS, Adventures Guild of Riverside, and I have to paint up my army before that time.

So I want to post my 750pt Space Marine are list that's going to battle the Evil Necron hordes.

HQ
Space Marine Captain     155pts
Relic Blade +30pts
Hellfire Rounds +10pts
Artificer Armor +15pts

TROOP
10 Man Tactical Squad    185pts
Meltagun +5pts
Lascannon +10pts

10 Man Tactical Squad    170pts
Flammer +FREE
Missile Launcher +FREE

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator Tank                 95pts
Heavy Bolter Sponsons +25pts
Storm Bolter +10pts

Elites
5 Man Sternguard Veteran Squad    160pts
Drop Pod +35pts

TOTAL: 750pts

So with every thing listed I'll write down what I have to do:
  1. Paint the Captain (Primed)
  2. Paint the Predator. (Primed)
  3. Finish 3 Marines and all Backpacks and Bolters of the 3rd Squad (Primed)
  4. Paint 2nd Tactical Squad (Primed)
  5. Reassemble a NEW Drop Pod and Paint.
  6. Prime and Paint 5 Sternguard. 
So thats what i have to do before September 12th. Let me know what you think and WISH me luck.

2 comments:

Sigismund said...

I am not a fan of assembling drop pods. My first one went together alright, but the doors on the second will not close properly.

As for your list.

Firstly, I think the most important thing is that a person brings the list they WANT to bring. I don't like how some forums and BOLS make it seem like you must bring the best list possible. I don't care if devastator squads and vindicators aren't that good. I play Imperial Fists and want them in my list from time to time.

That said, I can offer a couple comments that are hopefully helpful.

A predator with that load out will probably be a great choice for a 750 point game against necrons. Why are you taking a lascannon in one of the squads? It can only kill one model a turn. It's best for taking out tanks, but will probably not do much to a monolith. If your friend does bring a monolith, he won't have that much room for warriors, and you will have a good chance at phasing him out. A heavy bolter would have a chance at killing two or three warriors a turn, rather than just one like the lascannon.

Take those thoughts lightly. I don't make any claim to being an expert. If you really want to take a lascannon, I say go for it. Blowing up a monolith with it would be awesome, especially since it's not likely.

Good luck! (with the painting and the game).

Deadmeat said...

Well originally I had a Plasma Cannon but I have gotten burned by it too many times. One game first roll bamm dead marine in a blue fire ball(he failed his armor save). But the Lascannon is mostly for the C'tan he likes to bring to our games. Anyways I hope I do well against him. I don't like to go for Phase Out it feels like a cheap way to win. Oh and I agree with you on using what you want, I love the Vanguard Veterans and Devastators even though they are a pricey units point wise. But you do for the love of the game.