Sunday, January 9, 2011

Basing WIPS

Well about a week ago my friend brought over a container of sand he uses for his bases. He just uses it as is, but I wanted to control where I use the materials on my bases. So with a couple of sifters from the kitchen I went through the container and placed the end results in separate tubs.

Have a look, this is what I started with. Not bad to just start with.


This is what I ended up with.

 Some very fine sand

 A mix of fine and small rock.

Some bigger rock.

So with these I did up a couple of bases as a test on what I could do with the different tubs. Got some Inspiration from Ron at From the Warp  on his post about improving his basing, as well as the tutorial section over there.   

Well here they are.

So this is the very fine sand only.

 This is the combo of fine and small rock.
 
This is the same combo of the two with added bits and some spruce.

So any way let me know what you all think. I really like the last one and it fits the urban rubble look that im going for.


No comments: