Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plasma Cannon Wip

So one of my Tactical Squads has a Plasma Cannon in it and I decided to work on it this week. So far its about 70% done. Need to do some layering and edge highlights it finish it up.

On with the Pics!

 Here we have the Plasma with just the basecoat and a wash of Badab Black.

 Same as above but from the other side.

 Close up of the Cannon.

Backside of the Pack.

 Front side of the Pack

 Okay so now we get to the good stuff. I've place the first layer of color which is Codex Grey. Also did up the wires and bits up in Blood Red.

Front of the Pack

 The Plasma Cannon

I have placed a lot of work into the Coils of the Cannon. Trying to get the sense of power moving forward to the right side of the cannon. Did a lot of layering of different shades of blue. Started out with Regal Blue for the Base. Then I jumped to Enchanted Blue. After that I mixed Enchanted Blue with some Skull Skull with about 60%-40%. Then went to an Enchanted Blue and Skull White about 40%-60%. At the time of the Photo I haven't placed a highlight of Skull White yet. I think it looks good of the first time of mixing my own paint and doing something as ambitious as this.

So let me know what you all think.



No comments: